‘The early bird catches the worm’ is what my English teacher used to say to us at school. Morning has always been my favourite. Even as a little girl, my brother and I used to get up at six asking mum and dad if it was time to get dressed already. Of course it wasn’t so they tried to send us back to bed a couple of times until dad realized it was no use and sacrificed his sleep. My friends never really understood how I could get up this easily without snoozing my alarm. My favourite movie is ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ so I don’t think there’s much need to explain. What makes morning so perfect to me is the variety of breakfast there is. Bacon&eggs, pancakes, bread rolls with butter and jam, yoghurt, cereal, muesli…I could have breakfast for lunch and dinner and that’s why it’s important to keep things interesting. So I tried a new granola recipe today and here it is:
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 cups of oat flakes
1 cup of sesame seeds
1 cup of shelled sunflower seeds
1 cup of chopped almonds
1 cup of coconut flakes
1 cup of honey
1 cup of cooking oil
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
Here’s how you prepare it:
1) Preheat your oven to 200°C
2) Dump your oats into a large mixing bowl.
3) Add in dry ingredients.
4) Mix them carefully.
5) Add in honey and oil.
6) Stir well.
7) Spread mixture evenly onto your baking tray.
8) Bake for 30 minutes and stir occasionally to prevent your granola from burning.
9) When it’s done remove your baking tray from the oven and immediately turn out your granola onto a large piece of foil. It might still be a little bit sticky but it will dry once it’s cool.
10) Once it cooled, break your mixture into clumps by using a spoon. Transfer to an airtight container.
11) Serve with yoghurt and enjoy!